Sunday, February 6, 2011

Challenging myself

I have many, many, many spools of ribbon. Too many, actually, especially when you consider that I cannot, for the life of me, tie the perfect (or any, really) bow for my cards. I do like to put strips of ribbon on my card, and will sometimes tie a knot. I have spools that haven't been opened yet, so I challeneged myself to use at every spool of ribbon I have, and I will not be buying more until I am finished with what I have. I am sure my husband will be happy about that one.

So, the challenge to myself was to pick a ribbon that hasn't been opened and create a card using it as my inspiration.


This orange and yellow combo was from a pack of ribbon. I wasn't sure I would ever use it, but with really cold temps last week, I was in the mood for a bit of spring, and this card came together fairly quickly, once I decided what I wanted to do.
I started by picking the papers (again, organizing them in colour groups was THE BEST thing I could have done). I wanted to incorporage flowers, and punched these three out. I decided they needed a little something else, so I embossed them using Swiss Dot and Swirl Cuttlebug embossing folders. I embossed the background with Swiss Dot as well.
I stamped the sentiment (from the $1.50 bin at Michaels) and then ran the piece through the Cuttlebug. The card stock was layered, and the yellow flower is attached with a piece of double sided foam. I ran some orange ink around the edge of the card and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment