Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lucky Dip... feeling fruity

It's been ages since I've been able to play along with the Less is More blog challenges. This week, it's Feeling Fruity. I don't have many stamps with fruit on them, but I have (and have been getting a lot of mileage) out of a House Mouse stamp. I've made a couple of cards with this stamp over the past couple of months, but I have finally been able to colour the lemon so it looks like a lemon, and not a yellow blob.


It took me a while to actually get this stamp onto paper. I was in a cleaning mode yesterday, and that transferred onto the stamp, as well. I had it inked twice and cleaned it off twice before it hit paper. I stamped onto Strathmore Bristol paper and coloured with Copics. I used a border punch to punch the holes and overlaid the card onto some orange stock that picks up the orange from the flower. Wasn't sure what I am going to use this card for, so I didn't put a sentiment onto the card. I like it just the way it is, and will put the sentiment on the inside instead, I think.

I seem to be on the roll again with postings... hope I can keep it up with at least one post per week in August!

18 comments:

  1. Cute card. I like your coloring. I used a lemon for my card this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for House Mouse designs. This one is adorably executed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Andrea, think it would work on it's own too without the border at the bottom
    Looks like a brill G&T to me
    Chrissie will want one now lol
    Thanks so much, have a good week
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the border and I love the image but I think it would work equally well without the border

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. She knows me so well!
    A G&T would sound good except it's only 10.45 am!
    Super card,I like that holy border punch, I've not seen one of those!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colouring and I like the border punch. A super card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not having a sentiment on the front is something I often do Your card here is just right as it is. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - fabulous image, I love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute image, and great colouring! A lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love House Mouse! So cute. A very lovely card :-)

    Linda
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your image it's so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The image would make a fab party invite, he's a cute little mouse and he's certainly landed in the drink...hic !
    Lovely card and the bubble border looks great :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, I like the bubbles at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is ADORABLE....too sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! What a cute, cute card!! LOVE that image!

    ReplyDelete