Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy birthday!

This past weekend, one of my friends celebrated a milestone birthday. We've been friends since Grade 7, and have seen each other through many ups and downs. I wanted to make her a card for her birthday, and went to one of my fallback stamps- one that I seem to reach for on a regular basis.

It's just such a happy image, and one that has special sentiment for us, as we've shared more than our fair share of chocolate cake over the years. This housemouse stamp was coloured with copics and then layered on a piece of chocolate brown card stock. It needed a little lift, so I added some patterned card stock behind the image and punched a flower from the same papers. The yellow behind the stamped image is slightly metallic and adds a little bling to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment