Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Swirly snowflakes

This morning on the radio, the announcers uttered the dreaded S-word. Yup- snow. Now, I haven't seen any yet, and there are still leaves on the trees, but this is the Canadian prairies, so who knows what will happen.

This weather has inspired me to create- it's cozy in my stamping space, and it's the perfect place to play for a couple of hours.

My friend M and I headed to one of our favourite places last weekend- Scrapyard in Stonewall. They had a Christmas card on display that I loved last year, and was happy to see again this year. I decided to take a stab at creating something similar.

I used Baroque Motifs from Stampin up for the background image and then layered the snowflake stamp (from a non-SU unknown set) to cover up the flowers on the swirl. I stamped the sentiment and added a little bit of bling in the centres of the snowflakes and tied it up with a bow.

Hopefully, these are the only snowflakes I'll be seeing for a while- the white stuff can stay away for a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment