I wanted to create something... anything. I just didn't know what. Then I saw the alcohol inks. I love the way the colours change the more you play with them, but I didn't want to use gloss paper or transparencies tonight. Then, I saw the vellum. I bought a new stamp last weekend that I love, and bought the vellum to make the card that was on display at the store. I started to experiment and see what alcohol inks would look like on the vellum. I am glad that I experimented. This is something I can see myself doing for my Christmas cards this year. I really love the way it turned out.
This was the first attempt. I really like the way it turned out. The alcohol ink was put on the vellum. I played with it, adding and removing colour, I used three shades of blue (denim, cloud and I can't recall the third one) plus some silver metalic. In between colour layers, I used my heat gun to set the colours. I used staz-on for the trees (Stampin Up's Lovely as a Tree stamp). Then I used my Nestabilities to cut the mat out of metalic light blue paper.
This was the second attempt. I am not as fond of this one- I think I needed to play with the colours a little more. The technique was the same.
Now, just to find something to use them for!