Follow by Email

Monday, April 26, 2010

Lessons learned

This week was rather educational, and quite trying. On our way home from Ontario, I bought a few new toys I wanted to play with. I had a great idea for a card/bookmark combo. Let's just say that the idea I had in my head was way better than the one that I ended up with.
I wanted to make an acetate card with some new watercolour paints I picked up. I learned that watercolours will NOT dry on acetate.
I also learned that:
Bounce sheets will take the static away from acetate.
If left under the acetate while heat embossing, Bounce will melt.
It's not a great idea to heat embossing a second time (it will melt the second colour, but it can also remelt the first colour).
This is the card I ended up making. Not sure what it's going to be used for yet, but I really like the way it turned out.
To make it, I stamped the flower image on vellum and then heat embossed. Coloured with watercolour pens. The word background is a new Tim Holtz stamp I got, which I stamped with Staz-on while masking the flowers. Then, I attached the vellum to the inside of the card. On the inside of the acetate, I cut another small piece of vellum and attached it. I added a punched flower for a little pizzaz on the inside.



Once I finish my Mothers' Day cards, I'll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment