Thursday, May 13, 2010

One week, 12 cards

My mother in law is here for a visit. I decided that I needed to make her a set of cards. Husband said I should make 12. I was plugging along fairly well, until I ran out of ideas, then I decided to make Christmas cards.
Here are the non-Christmas cards that I made.

The diamond pattern came from a treasure bag I bought at a sale (misc packs were $2... who can pass that up??). The green is a Martha Stewart shade, and the pink is a scrap piece I had in my stash. I used my Fiskars punch to dress it up a bit, and tied in the black with a piece of ribbon.



I am loving brown and blue lately. I bought this stamp from Scrappin' Great Deals and embossed it with clear powder. The striped paper is from a paper sample pack, and the ribbon is American Crafts. The oval was cut with my Nesties and the brown was embossed with my cuttlebug.


I love the simplicity of this card. The yellow is from my score at the local scrapbooking store. I embossed the white with my cuttlebug and the sentiment is overlaid on pieces cut with my nesties.


Once again.... Tim Holtz, how I love thee! I used some Martha Stewart CS for the background and then distressed the white cardstock. I stamped the sentiments and the vehicle with brown ink.


This cuttlebug folder is probably my favourite (for now, at least). Orange isn't a colour I usually use, but I liked the way it looks with the ribbon.



We were at Costco with my mother in law, and there was a set of Royal Daulton china. There was a pattern that had white dots on a blue background, and I was inspired by that cup. I embossed the blue with Swiss Dots and then rubbed white ink over the card. The sentiment is embossed with white.


Pretty basic- layered card, American Craft ribbon and the happy birthday embossing folder.





1 comment:

  1. Hi I like UR alcohol ink cards. I luv playing w/ the inks. U can always go back & change them if U don't like them. I use rubber gloves so the inks don't stain my hands. I usally do a stash to keep in my drawers for quick cards. I luv U can come up w/ any color by playing w/ the colors w/ the blending solution.
    I use regular rubbing alcohol to clean up instead of the b.s. which saves money. I also use a paper bag to cover my table.
    U can find me on glograbear.blogspot.com,title grandmabear. Since I was UR 1st follower click me too!!Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete