Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Branching out

This Christmas, I branched out making different boxes to hold presents. My husband recently started to make turned pens, and we gave a few to friends and family, so they needed boxes (lots of tutorials here), I made pizza boxes to hold gift cards (tutorial here) and finally, I made this box for a good friend. 

I came across a really cute card at Curt's World, and remembered that I had the same stamp, so I decided to play. The inspiration was the first card on Curt's blog. 

Here's the details:


I made the box. Then, I cut a piece of white cardstock the same size as the top. I stamped the trees (Lovely as a Tree, SU) and sponged on some blue distress ink (I think Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans (I really need to start writing this down). Then, I tore a piece of white cardstock to make the snowbank and sprayed it with glimmer mist. I layered a sheet of acetate on top to create the window and added the cross bars to make it look more window-like. The curtains are made with a 3 inch circle cut in half and adhered together and then the valance is a piece that was punched with a MS punch. The elf was stamped, cut out and coloured with copics then adhered behind the window to make it look like he was checking up on everyone. I have a santa stamp, too, that I may use next year. 

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment