Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Try it Tuesday

I have decided that I am going to try a new technique each Tuesday. There is a wealth of information and resources on Splitcoast Stampers, and it's about time I checked it out. So, each week, I am going to pick a technique to try out. It'll either be from SCC, a stamping magazine, or inspiration from a stamping friend. This technique came to me via my friend M.

This week, it's a quarter fold card. It's unique, and could be used to hold a simple wish for someone, a small gift or gift card.


 The finished size for this card is 4x4. To make it, I took two pieces of paper 8 inches by 4 inches each and scored them at 2 and 6 inches. I taped the back of one to the centre of the other to make a plus sign (see image below). The four flaps are closed like a box. Decorate the fronts of each piece. For this card, I wanted to decorate the front of it as well. To decorate, I cut the green pieces at 1.5 inches and the brown pieces were embossed in a Tim Holtz folder and highlighted it with vintage photo distress inks. The bird (Nature Walk, SU) was attached with foam tape.

The centre was decorated with Bo Bunny paper (top and bottom flaps) and cream cardstock. The flap pieces were cut at 1.5 inches by 3.75 inches. The trees are from the SU set Lovely as a Tree.


It would be easy to increase the size of this card, as long as the card is increased equally. A 5x5 card would need a 10x5 strip of paper -scoring would be at 2.5 inches from both ends. A 6x6 would have to be 6x12 - scoring would be at 3 inches from both ends of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment