Friday, February 3, 2012

Quickie card

I've had this card made for a while, but haven't had time to post it.

Quite a while ago, my husband and I started the process to adopt. Our homestudy was approved in August 2011, and we were officially waiting.

On January 16, our worker called me at work to tell me that we had been matched with two little people- a boy, 9 months, and a girl, just under three.

On January 17, she came to our house for a disclosure meeting- which is intended to give us more information about the children and their histories. There was no doubt in our minds that these kids were meant to be part of our family.

January 17 is also my dad's birthday. My last post was the card that I made for his birthday. My parents came to our house on the 17th for dad's birthday dinner, and we told them what was going on.

My intention was to come home from work early and make a card. Fortunately, I already had an idea bouncing around in my head. Unfortunately, they were here when I got home, so I had to make the card in record time. I think I banged it out in about five or 10 minutes.

I put it in a pile of cards I made, and told my parents they could go through them. When they got to this one, I got them to open it. Inside, I had written "Hopefully soon, two little monkeys will be joining the zoo."

It took my mom a few minutes, she was looking at me saying "Monkeys? Why on earth do you want monkeys?" (I am a huge animal lover, and we have two dogs and four cats, so apparently it wouldn't be much of a stretch for me to want monkeys, I guess). The icing on the cake was when she commented that monkeys throw poo at each other.

While she was processing the message in the card, my husband was pulling up the photos of the kids that our social worker sent us. My parents were immediately in love, and were over the moon excited.

I am entering this card into the Ways to Use it challenge on Splitcoast Stampers (groundhog day)

The die cuts were cut out using a sizzix die, and the flower is (I think) Penny Black.

I'll have a couple of more cards to post in the coming days, but for now, I need to go spend some time with our little man- today is his first day in our home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment