Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Fathers' Day

I cannot believe it's been almost a month since my last post. Life has been gearing up for summer, and now with two little people in our house, we've been busier than ever.

This first card has been made for months. I had it ready to go, and decided that it would be perfect for my dad for Fathers' Day.

I had to scan this card in, as the battery on my camera was dead, and I wanted to get a record of it before I pass it off to dad tomorrow.

The image is from SU's Lovely as a Tree. It is probably one of my favourite sets. I stamped it twice to have it go across the card stock. Then, I used (I think) Scattered Straw, Marigold and Mustard distress inks for the sky and Moss for the grass. It's been so long, I have forgotten the colours I used. Then, I gave it a spray of copper Perfect Pearls.  I wasn't crazy about the blob on the right, but it is much less noticable in person, and it's grown on me.

The sentiment is computer generated and traced with a Versamark pen then embossed with copper.

The mats are pieces of copper as well.

This next card I whipped up today for my husband's first Fathers' Day. It's relatively simple, and I love the way it turned out.

The card is a 6 inch square with sticky backed cork as the second layer and denim print paper as the top. The sentiment layer was done the same way and then four brass brads were added to finish it off. Inside is a poem that I wrote for my husband.

I am putting both of these cards as my submission for the SCS Ways to use it challenge- WT379- MAN UP

Thanks for stopping by. I've been working on a few things, and hope to have them posted soon.





1 comment:

  1. Really lovely, I love that stamp set too.

    ReplyDelete