Thursday, May 24, 2012

Green...

The theme for the Ways to Use it challenge today is green. I really like green, but for whatever reason, it's not typically a colour I go to when I make cards (other than Christmas).

But, my New Year's resolution to myself was two-fold. 1) Ink every single stamp I have and 2) Organize my stamps and purge the ones I don't use, bought on impulse or don't like any more. Of course, this resolution was made in January, before we had two kids. I have been able to sneak to my crafting space once in a while and create. Usually, I grab a box and stamp the images then colour and assemble later.

This card was made a couple of weeks ago- I've had the stamp for a couple of years, and haven't used it. My niece's birthday is coming up in June, and she LOVES green.

It was a pretty easy card to pull together. The image was stamped with Momento black and coloured with Copics. The five was cut out with my Cricut and embossed with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. It was layered on green papers that I had in my stash.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know how I got to your blog....just surfin' around. I love your style and will be back when I have time to look into your archives.

    The caterpillar on this card is just adorable. I wanted to know the brand but then realized there are no small children in my life currently, so what would I do with that wonderful stamp?

    Bahb no blog, no facebook, tiny SCS gallery.....no talent, just love to look.

    ReplyDelete