Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday, Less is More and Mice

I was very busy at work this week, and had to work yesterday as well. I did check out the Less is More blog this week to see what the challenge was. This week, we are to pick a square- one quadrant of the card- and place the image there. I immediately had  several ideas, but had to wait until today to create. I have also saved a couple of the blogs for future ideas! I love sharing creativity with other crafters- it's such an inspiration to see what everyone else has created, and how many variations there can be on the same theme.

I created two cards for the challenge- the first is a House Mouse stamp that I have had for a bit.

The mouse is coloured with Copics and attached to red shiny cardstock. Looking at this card again, I likely could have out the sentiment up the side of the mouse, where his tail is. Ah, hindsight, what a wonderful thing! The balloons are brads I've had for ages, and the lines were drawn in.

This second card is for my cousin's wedding shower, which is next week. The mouse was stamped and coloured with Copics. The top part of the umbrellas was stamped on patterned paper and cut out, then I attached it with foam tape to make it stand out a little more. The white card was placed on a piece of the same paper the umbrella was cut from, and placed on Bashful Blue from Stampin' Up.

I am really enjoying participating in the Less is More challenge- it is pushing me out of my comfort zone and allowing me to experiment with different cards. In North America, we usually make 4.25 by 5.5 inch cards. I am really liking playing with square shapes and simple designs. Thank you Chrissie and Mandi!

14 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards with two ultra cute images

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these cards the images are so cute and fab balloons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards, such cute images
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards but I love the first one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...house mouse is soo cute. The first one is my favourite too. Love the brads and I think the sentiment is absolutely fine where it is...although I know what you mean about hindsight! I've had several of those moments too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, the HM is really cute
    Love the placement and the balloons extending form the frame.
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both but my personal fave is the house mouse, I think it's probably the colour

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't go wrong with House of Mouse. They are perfect for wittle corners! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw two lovely and cute cards oh so pretty both of them

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 gorgeous cards, can't pick a fave as they are both so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that you are enjoying our challenges Andrea... these cards a simply charming... I love them both!
    Thanks so much.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the little house mouse looks...I probably should get some of these stamps! Awesome cards!

    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete