Follow by Email

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sunflowers- two ways


This is one of the new Flourishes stamps I recently bought. Coloured with copics, and layered on a dark yellow and brown cardstock.

The ruffled ribbon is held in place with tacky tape- I put small pieces on the ribbon to create the ruffles, and then used more to stick it to the card.

This second card is a recent purchase, found in the dollar bin at Joann's on a recent trip to the US with my friend.

 

The flowers were coloured with distress inks- wild honey and scattered straw. Colouring with distress ink is quite easy. I smooshed the ink pad onto an acrylic block (you can use a craft mat or piece of glass or acetate- anything really). Then, I took my aqua pen and picked up the colour and painted it onto the paper. I didn't use watercolour paper, just regular cardstock. I really like the way it turned out. The only issue I had was that I didn't let the paper totally dry before I taped it to the card base- it was slightly warped, but flattened out once it was dry. 
The dragonflies are brads, and the ribbon was adhered with tacky tape. I've left the card face sentiment-free so it can be used for any event.

No comments:

Post a Comment