Follow by Email

Friday, August 12, 2011

Sometimes, you just have to play...

I've been playing with Distress inks quite a bit lately, and wanted to see what this LaBlanche stamp would look like distressed. I stamped in brown Momento ink, and coloured with Distress inks- the sunflower was done in Honey, the leaves in Shabby Shutters and the centre of the sunflower was (I think) sepia.

Then I decided I was going to play... and that's where it went horribly wrong...

I thought that I would add some dimension by adding glossy accent to the centre, and the centre only. And then the distress inks started to run. So, I decided to smear it all over the card to add some extra texture and interest, which I liked. Then I dried it with my heat gun, which caused the paper to curl. To get rid of the curl, I took the paper and ran it over the edge of my desk. That softened the glossy accent, and gave it an interesting feel. I attached it to the brown cardstock with brass brads. The butterfly was punched out and placed over an ink smear.

No comments:

Post a Comment