Monday, October 17, 2011

Candy coated christmas

 
I have been mulling over ideas for the Flourishes Christmas spirit challenge over at Splitcoast.  I just got a new stamp set in the mail, and started to play. I am quite happy with the way this card turned out. 

 The cardinal was stamped in momento black ink and coloured with copics. Then, I aged the paper slightly using tea dye distress inks. It was then layered on glassine paper and placed on top of the snowflake paper. The red striped paper at the back is standard 4.25x5.5.

This shot shows more of the candy-coated cardinal. I put two layers of Ultra Think Embossing Enamel on the card. It adds a little bit of sparkle and shine to the card.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any other entries. No matter!!! I hope they offer a magnificent grand prize. IMHO...girlfriend you win. Your coloring is superb, BUT the paper rocks and the way you placed your UTEE image on the paper. Those tiny red snowflakes floating through the swirling background is primo especially grounded by the red on red stripe. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used my ultra thick ep for ages & you've certainly inspired me to get it out. This card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete