Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

Fall. Well, it looks like fall is finally upon us. I had to scrape car windows this morning before I went to work, and we had a killing frost last night. Fortunately, they are forecasting warmer temps for the weekend. That's good news, as we are having a fairly major event at work on Saturday, and even though it's inside all day, it'll be much nicer if the weather is fair. 

Here's another card I created last weekend. I absolutely love this stamp. I decided that I wanted to try it black and white. I also attempted to do it stamped in white on a black paper, but it looked horrible, and the detail on this stamp is too fine to use embossing powder. 

Santa was stamped on white paper, then I added a couple of layers of ultra thick embossing powder to give it some sparkle and shine. I matted it onto a slightly larger piece of black card and put that on top of the music sheet and ribbon. I really like the simplicity of the black and white. I think I may try this with a couple of other stamps, too, and see what happens.

I have Sunday and Monday off next week. I am hoping that a good portion of at least one of those days will be spent playing with ink and paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment