Friday, May 11, 2012

Yellow butterflies

I had a little time for crafting during quiet time this morning- a quick check of the SCS Free For All challenge netted a new card dimension I'd never tried (the finished size is 3.5 inches wide by 6 inches tall). I think my Christmas cards this year will be that size- it's perfect!
Last weekend, I also checked on the Less is More challenge- which was to use yellow. I had an idea perking in my brain all week, and finally had a chance to execute it.
The card stock was cut at 6 inches by 7 inches, and folded to create a final size of 3.5 inches by 6 inches.
I punched a three inch circle out of the middle of the yellow, put an embossed piece of white stock behind it and added the punched butterflies (EK Success three step punch) onto the card with foam tape. The ribbon was knotted and adhered to the card. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.
It was really a fast card to make- probably less than 10 minutes once all was said and done.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Andrea. Lovely shade of yellow
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the sunny color and the layout. The embossing looks great against the yellow.

    ReplyDelete