Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alcohol inks two ways

I love the versatility of alcohol inks. The same colours never result in the same result, and recently, I stumpled upon a new technique that I really like.
It was on the Ink Stains with Roni website. It's called Groovy Inks, and with a little experimentation, I've found what works for me.
This first card was taken by my mom for my aunt's birthday.
The butterfly was from Michaels in the $1.50 bin. I used orange and yellow alcohol inks (can't remember which colours- must remember to write this stuff down!) using Roni's technique. The background was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder and sponged with rust ink. The butterfly was placed on top of the bird that was embossed from the folder.
Rust coloured cardstock was used for the background. 

The next card was for my mom's cousin's wife. He passed away recently, and she asked me to make a sympathy card.
I used blue alcohol inks and silver  to make the pattern on the top layer.  I then stamped and embossed the flower using the Because I Care set. I layerd it onto black cardstock and then on blue that I embossed with the swirl Cuttlebug folder.
For the sentiment, I cut three ovals out- one from the blue, one black and one alcohol ink. The black ribbon brought it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment