Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow

Winter has settled in for the long haul. It's warmer here today- only minus 14. Warmer temps usually mean snow, and there were big, fat fluffy flakes falling today.
I have had this stamp since last summer. I picked it up while travelling through the US on our way home from my husband's family. I looked at it several times while I was making Christmas cards last year, but just couldn't get the inspiration to do anything with it.
This weekend, while I was trying to get into the groove to make my cards for the February Christmas card challenge at splitcoaststampers.com,  this stamp was calling to me.

This stamp is by Northwood Rubber Stamps. There's a double oval around the scene, which I wasn't really fond of, so I cut the scene out. Originally. I put the stamp on a green background, but decided I didn't like it. The red makes the birds pop out more. I coloured the scene in with copics. The birds are done with R24 and 39, and the highlights are done with R59 (Cardinal). The pine boughs are coloured with G24 and G29. The branches are coloured with E57.
 
The scene was attached to a Nestabilities cutout. The kraft paper was embossed with Stampin' Up's Petals 'o Plenty embossing folder. The red cardstock was attached using double stick foam on top of the ribbon, which was glued down on the card. 
This card shows the detail of the snow. I painted on three dimensional glitter paint to highlight the snow on the boughs. It adds just a little bit of sparkle and shine to to card. One down, 11 more to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment