Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quick and easy

Yesterday, a co-worker asked me to make a sympathy card for someone who supported the military. The only thing she said she wanted on it was a yellow ribbon. Yellow ribbons have become synonymous with support for the military, and ideas immediately started to flow. I love it when a card comes together quickly. This one probably would have taken about 10 minutes, if I actually listened to the creative voices.
I usually check splitcoaststampers.com once a day to see what's going on and for a little bit of inspiration.  The Free for All challenge on Friday was to use texture- at least two forms.




I cut a mat of soft yellow, then a 4 by 5.25 piece of metallic white card and embossed it with a Sizzix folder.
The smaller embossed piece is done with the Cuttlebug swirls folder.
The stamp came from the $1.50 bin at Michael's and was coloured in with copics.
I assembled the card and added a little bit of ribbon and thought I was done.
The card needed a little something more to tie it together, but I wasn't sure what. Then it hit me- it needed a little bit more black to tie in with the ribbon, so, I pulled the card apart (amazingly didn't rip a single thing), cut a piece of black a little larger than the white, and put it all back together. I am pretty pleased with the results... quick, easy, clean and simple. I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment