Thursday, January 20, 2011

My little cousin is getting married!

One of my youngest cousins is getting married. I am so excited for her. She's found the right guy, and he fits in amazingly well with our family. He met most of us at Christmas and didn't run the other way, so he's got to be a keeper.
Her fiance seems like a really sweet guy, and I wanted to make a card for them that they can both enjoy. He's visually impaired, and I wanted to make sure he could see the card, too. It has taken me somewhat out of my normal comfort zone, but that's what art is about- pushing the limits and making you explore the possibilities.
This is the second card that I've made this week that needed that little something extra, and it turned out to be a little extra colour.
I had selected my colours, then decided I didn't want to go with blues and greys. I love black and white, it's so classic and timeless. The stamp is from Stampin' Up- can't remember which set, though.

I started with black and white- the white layer is corrugated paper  that I got from the dollar store. The black layer is cut at 4.25 by 5.5. I added the red when I decided that the front layers of the card needed to have red on them as well. 
I had the black, white and metallic gray cut out first and layered. I decided they needed something, and added the red when I discovered the red hearts in my stash. They were a Christmas gift from my husband. Usually I hate hearts (not a fan of Valentine's Day), but they worked on this card. 
Back to the how-to. I layered the card stock and then ran it through the Cuttlebug- Swiss Dots for the large square and Swirls for the small square. 
The ribbon is actually two ribbons glued together. The bling on the smaller ribbon added a little bit of sparkle, and picked up on the silver hearts. The oval with Cherish stamped in the centre was sponged with black around the edges. 
I hope she likes it, and I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment